Learn about the common usage, side effects and recommended Dosage of Sildenafil Citrate
Brand Name: Viagra
Generic Name: Sildenafil Citrate
Sildenafil Citrate is used to treat men who have erectile dysfunction (sexual impotence). These medicines prevent an enzyme called phosphodiesterase type-5 from working too quickly. The penis is one of the areas in the body where the phosphodiesterase enzyme works. By controlling this enzyme, Generic Sildenafil Citrate helps in maintaining an erection.
Sildenafil Citrate dosage:
- Use sildenafil exactly as directed by your doctor
- This medicine begins action within 30 minutes after taking it
- It continues to work for up to 4 hours although its action is usually less after 2 hours.
Sildenafil Citrate Side effects:
Common side effects are aches or pains in the muscles, headache, bloody nose, sneezing, diarrhea, redness of the skin, stomach discomfort following meals, trouble sleeping and unusually warm skin.
Sildenafil Citrate Contraindications & Drug interactions:
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is usually not recommended, Tracleer, Tagamet, Vaprisol, Sporanox, Flomax, Jalyn, Quin-G, Calan, Covera, Isoptin and Verelan.
- If you take too much sildenafil, the chance for side effects will be higher
- Generic Sildenafil Citrate should not be used with any other medicine that causes erections.
- If you experience a prolonged or painful erection for 4 hours or more, contact your doctor immediately
Sildenafil Citrate Storage:
Store Generic Sildenafil Citrate at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Sildenafil out of the reach of children.