Learn about the common usage, side effects and recommended Dosage of Prometrium*
Brand Name: Prometrium*
Generic Name: Progesterone
Generic for Prometrium* regulates the menstrual cycle in women and treats the unusual stopping of the menstrual periods. Generic for Prometrium* work by causing changes in the uterus. It instigates the hormones to start and stop the menstrual cycle. Progesterone prevents abnormal bleeding and reduces menopause symptoms like hot flashes.
Generic for Prometrium* dosage:
- Try to take the medicine at the same time each day to reduce the possibility of side effects and to allow it to work better
- When taking the pill use a full glass of water
- Taking more of it or for a longer time than ordered can increase the chances of side effects
Generic for Prometrium* Side effects:
Common side effects are dizziness, drowsiness, mood changes, nervousness, headache, abdominal pain or cramping, bloating, swelling of ankles or feet, blood pressure increase and unusual or rapid weight gain.
Generic for Prometrium* Contraindications & Drug interactions:
Using Generic for Prometrium* with any of the following medicines is usually not recommended: Duloxetine, Zolpidem, Estradiol, Tramadol, Esomeprazole and Omega-3.
Generic for Prometrium* Safety & Precautions:
- Generic for Prometrium* contains peanut oil; make sure you are not allergic to peanuts
- Generic for Prometrium* may cause dizziness in some people
- Unusual or unexpected vaginal bleeding may occur between your regular menstrual periods during the first 3 months of use
Generic for Prometrium* Storage:
Store Generic for Prometrium* at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Sildenafil out of the reach of children.