Generic name: Doxycycline
Brand name: Doxycycline
Doxycycline is a tetracyclic antibiotic that treats bacterial infections such as gonorrhea, urinary tract infections, gum disease and chlamydia. It prevents bacteria from reproducing and slows down the growth of bacteria in the body. It is also used to treat anthrax infections, blemishes and acne like lesions caused by Rosacea.
Ingredients in Doxycycline:
Active ingredient: Doxycycline
- Take Duloxetine exactly as prescribed by the doctor
- The usual dosage for adults on the first day of treatment is 200 mg (100 mg every 12 hours) followed by a maintenance dose of 100 mg/day
Doxycycline Side effects:
Common side effects include fever, severe headache, vaginal itching, skin rashes, mild nausea, loss of appetite, allergic reactions to hives, difficulty in breathing and swelling on face, throat, lips and tongue.
Doxycycline Contraindications & Drug interactions:
Do not use Doxycycline with diarrhea drugs, cholesterol lowering medications, retinoid, warfarin, quinapril (Accupril), accutane, vitamins and minerals supplements, penicillin (amoxicillin), and Birth control pills.
Doxycycline Safety & Precautions:
- Do not consume alcohol while using Doxycycline
- Doxycycline can be allergic to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Using Doxycycline during tooth development may cause discoloration of tooth
- You should not take Doxycycline if you have kidney disease, yeast infection or liver disease
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store below 25°C in a dry place