Learn about the common usage, side effects and recommended Dosage of Apri*
Brand Name: Apri*
Generic Name: Desogestrel- Ethinyl estradiol
Generic for Apri* is a combination drug that contains synthetic versions of the female hormones that prevent ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary). This medication also causes changes in your cervical mucus and uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus.
Generic for Apri* dosage:
- Take Generic for Apri* exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- You should take your first pill on the first day of your period
- Take one pill every day, no more than 24 hours apart
Generic for Apri* Side effects:
Common side effects are mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps, breast tenderness or swelling, loss of scalp hair, changes in weight or appetite, vaginal itching or discharge, changes in your menstrual periods and decreased sex drive.
Generic for Apri* Contraindications & Drug interactions:
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is usually not recommended: Tracleer, an antibiotic or tuberculosis medication, drugs to treat hepatitis C, Solfoton and seizure medications.
Generic for Apri* Safety & Precautions:
- Women who are being treated for hyperlipidemias should be followed closely if they select to use oral contraceptives
- If jaundice develops in any woman receiving such drugs, the medication should be discontinued
- Women with a history of depression should be carefully observed and the drug has to be discontinued if depression recurs to a serious degree.
Generic for Apri* Storage:
Store at room temperature, away from light and moisture. Keep all medicines away from children.